Frequently Asked Questions
- WHAT IS INTERMITTENT FASTING?
Intermittent Fasting (IF) is an effective way to lose weight and improve health and is less of a diet and more a pattern of eating. It involves eating patterns that cycle between periods of fasting and periods of eating.
Insulin levels drop when a person is not consuming food. During a period of fasting, decreasing insulin levels cause cells to release stored glucose as energy. Repeating this process regularly, as with intermittent fasting, leads to weight loss.
There are several different intermittent fasting methods, all of which split the day or week into eating periods and fasting periods.
If you are looking for more information, here are a couple of great resources to start with:
Intermittent Fasting can provide numerous benefits effecting some more than others. The following are a few evidence based benefits of IF:
- Insulin levels drop which facilitates fat burning
- Levels of growth hormone can increase as much as 5x. Higher levels of growth hormone facilitate fat burning and muscle gain
- Due to shorter eating windows, intermittent fasting usually results in taking in fewer calories, resulting in weight loss.
- IF can reduce insulin resistance, lowering risk of Type 2 Diabetes
- Intermittent fasting can help heart health - it has been shown to help with blood pressure, total and LDL cholesterol, blood triglycerides, inflammatory markers and blood sugar levels.
No - there is nothing in Intermittent Fasting Tea that will spike your insulin levels causing you to break your fast. IF Tea has no calories and no sugar.
- WHAT ARE ALL OF THE INGREDIENTS IN IF TEA?
You can see our list of ingredients HERE as well as some of the benefits they provide.
-WHAT IS THE FLAVOR OF THE INTERMITTENT FASTING TEA AND WILL THERE BE OTHER OPTIONS?
Our Intermittent Fasting Tea has a pleasant tasting tea flavor from the combination of black, green and yerba mate tea leaves with strong hints of flavor and smell coming from the cinnamon, ginger, spearmint and peppermint.
We are working creating different varieties of flavors for our fasting tea and expect to have more options.